Some of our school children have just achieved their Level 1 Bikeability Scotland Award which they have been working on since the Summer.
Over this period of time they have covered basic cycling skills including some of the following:
- The importance of safety equipment
- A simple bike check
- Getting on and off on the correct side without help
- stopping quickly with control
- manoeuvring safely around and avoiding objects
- controlling the bike with one hand.
They all enjoyed their sessions and are now working towards their Level 2 Award.
Well done to all!